Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is a dog breed that resembles to the early dog breeds of the England. These are the best catching dogs and have been used for holding, driving, and catching unruly cattle. Now, these dogs have become the best family companions. The dogs are dutiful and trainable and have impressive capabilities. These are the well-developed and exaggerated bulldogs.
History and Health :
- History :
This medium size guarding dog breed has existed in the United States about 200 years ago. The breed was not known before 1979. In 1979, the first documentation on this dog breed was found. The breed has been developed by crossing the different types of bulldog breeds. Early settlers brought this breed in the United States. As compared to the bulldogs, these dogs were taller and athletic also. The dogs were disappearing at a rapid rate. A group of southern dog lovers saved this dog group from disappearing in 1979. This dog breed was given the name of Alapaha Blue Blood bulldog in 1979 by the southern dog lovers.
- Health :
Different kinds of genetic health disorders are very common in this dog breed. The most common health problems that are found in these bulldogs include hip dysplasia, congenital deafness, and entropion. Eye problems are also very common in this breed of bulldogs. The dogs also suffer from various skin diseases.
Temperament & Personality :
- Personality :
The dogs are very dutiful and attentive. These are also very loyal and devoted to their families. They honestly perform their duty of guarding their families. An Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is also an active playmate of a child. The dogs love and enjoy the company of the children. They also remain friendly with the dogs, cats and other pets. These are also very clever watch dogs. They have a wide chest and a sturdy stance.
- Activity Requirements :
These dogs are very sharp and active. They have the stamina to walk for miles. For meeting their needs of activity, they need a long open yard. Long walks and daily exercise are quite helpful in boosting the level of activity of these intelligent dogs.
- Trainability :
This dog breed requires less effort for training. Being obedient, they quickly follow the directions of the owner. They only need an experienced owner to learn quickly. A proper and good socialization is quite important for training this watching dog breed.
- Behavioral Traits :
These dogs are very devoted, obedient, loyal, and dutiful. They have an impressive keen for protecting their families. These dogs are very friendly and enjoy the company of the children and their families. Good socialization can develop more positive traits in these friendly and active dogs.
Appearance & Grooming :
- Appearance :
The dogs have a sturdy, muscular, and a well developed body. They are known for the way they protect their families. The dogs have a wide and a square head. They have dropping ears and large and wide eyes. Their body is heavy and the legs are short in size. Their coat is very stiff. This is a breed with a medium height. Males of this breed are usually taller than the female bulldogs. They have an icy-blue eye appearance.
- Size and Weight :
Height of a male Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is 48-66 cm, and the height of a female Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is also 48-66 cm inches. Weight of a male Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is about 100 pounds, and the weight of a female Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is 78 pounds.
- Coat & Color :
The dogs have a stiff coat. This medium size protecting dog breed is found in various colors including fawn, red, black, gray, white, and brindle.
- Grooming :
These dogs have average shedding. They have high requirements for good grooming. Give your dog a bath twice a week. Combing and brushing the coat weekly is very essential for removing the dead hair.
- Body Type :
These dogs have a well developed, sturdy, and muscular body. These dogs vary largely in size and color. They have blue glassy eyes. Their body type looks similar to the body of a natural bulldog. They are distinguished from their hard coat.
- An Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is very good with the children.
- An Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is also a cat friendly dog.
- Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs are not friendly with other dogs.
- These dogs have average training requirements.
- This watching dog breed shows low shedding.
- An Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is the best watch dog.
- These dogs are clever.
- The dogs have very high grooming requirements.
- These are the popular dogs.
- An Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog has high adaptability power.
- These dogs are not hypoallergenic.
Tasty Tidbits :
The dogs have outstanding glassy icy-blue eyes. This medium size dog breed is a very responsive and a loving dog breed. These dogs adapt themselves easily to the city life.
These are the excellent watch dogs and better guard their families. For their good health, weekly bath and regular coat brushing is very essential. Make sure that your dog is free from any kind of genetic disorder before purchasing. Also have frequent examination of your dog.
Images, Pics, Photos and Pictures of Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog :
These dogs have medium energy. For their good health, proper feeding is very important. These are the working dogs and also the excellent guarding dogs. Therefore; these dogs have high feeding requirements. For maintaining good health of your dog, give your dog at least three meals a day.
Information and Facts of Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog :
- Full name is Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog.
- Other names of this bulldog are Otto Bulldog, and Catahoula Bulldog.
- The origin of this dog breed is United States.
- It is a medium size dog breed.
- It is a working and a guarding dog breed.
- Life span of this dog breed is 12-15 years.
- Height of a male Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is 19-26 inches, and the height of a female Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is also 19-26 inches.
- Weight of a male Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is 30-45 Kg, and the weight of a female Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is 25-30 Kg.
- These dogs are found in different colors, i.e. fawn, red, black, gray, white, and brindle.
- Average price of a puppy is $800-$1200.
- The breed is classified in the group of working dog breeds.
- These are the best watch dogs, and their sleep time is almost equal to the sleep time of human beings.